One Handrail Entry Stairs
The set of stairs that's in the picture above has only one hand rail on the right hand side. These stairs will require another hand rail on the other side as well. The year the stairs were built this wasn't a requirement but now you need a guard rail on each side of the stairs and a gripable hand rail on one side of stairs.
Attention: Don't forget to check with your local building department to verify any building codes on this website. This information could be incorrect or outdated.
- Gripable Handrail
- Continuous Stairway Handrailing
- Lower Handrail Extension
- Upper Handrail Extension
- Gripable Handrail Size
- Gripable Handrail Height
- Gripable Stair Banisters
- Stairways Requiring Only One Hand Rail
- Stairways Requiring Hand Rail on Each Side
- Three or More Handrails for Wide Stairways
- Maximum Handrail Projection
Back To Stairway Building Codes